Central College recognized six faculty members for their outstanding leadership in teaching, service and scholarship.
- Elena Vishnevskaya, associate professor of religion, received the Dr. John Wesselink Award for scholarship with a direct impact on teaching.
- Maggie Fisher Schlerman ’02, associate professor of accounting, received the David Crichton Memorial Teaching Award for excellence in teaching that challenges and shapes the intellectual development in students.
- Mat Kelly, professor of art, received the Hutch Bearce Community-Building and Faculty Leadership Award for community building and mentorship or leadership.
- Linda Laine, professor of communication studies, received the Huffman Award for Outstanding Support of International Education. This award recognizes the contributions made by Donald and Maxine Huffman to Central’s programs in international education.
- Russ Goodman, professor of mathematics, received the Frank W. Moore Faculty Award for promoting student learning in the natural sciences division through teaching and/or service over time.
- Sara Shuger Fox, associate professor of kinesiology, received the Franks-Mahmood Fund for Undergraduate Research award for work with Blue Zone research in Ikaria, Greece: A comparative analysis with Nicoya, Costa Rica.
These faculty members were honored during the annual recognition ceremony in May to celebrate the collective teaching, scholarship, creativity, leadership and the end of another academic year.