Central College’s Student Development office released the 2023 student leadership awards. This year 95 nominations were received from students, staff and faculty. A panel of faculty and staff reviewed the nominations and selected awardees.
Central recognized outstanding students and groups during the annual leadership awards program.
- Annual Theme (Engaged Citizenship) Award: Elizabeth Hurlbut, Class of 2023
- Bridge Builder Award: Quinn Deahl, Class of 2023
- Diversity & Inclusion Award: Hailey Hill, Class of 2023
- Organizational Excellence Award: Central Rugby Club, which made it to nationals for three consecutive years (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Outstanding Event Award: Student-Athlete Advisory Council’s Mental Health Talk with Lyndsey Fennelly
- Outstanding New Leader: Abigail Westercamp, Class of 2025, and Averi Shride, Class of 2026
- Senior Student Development Award: Gloria Montiel, Class of 2023
- Service Award: Greg Ricketts, Class of 2023
- Student Organization Advisor of the Year: Jaycee Smith, student involvement coordinator, and Óscar Reynaga, senior lecturer of Spanish and class dean
- Unsung Hero Award: Tyler Fitzpatrick, Class of 2024
Central also honored the 2023 National Society of Leadership and Success inductees:
Grant Beach, Class of 2024; Riley Davidson, Class of 2024; Kenedie Gabrielson, Class of 2025; Taylor Hanna, Class of 2025; Silas Harris, Class of 2025; Jason Hermann, Class of 2025; Eli Park, Class of 2024; Marshall Quast, Class of 2025; Ashley Robbins, Class of 2023; Caroline Shelton, Class of 2024; Tiffany Smith, Class of 2025; Collin Swantz, Class of 2025; Grace Teig, Class of 2023; Taylor Thomas, Class of 2024; Broderick Toth, Class of 2025; Fynn Wadsworth, Class of 2025; Abigail Westercamp, Class of 2025; and Abigail White, Class of 2025.