Central’s education program has announced its 2021 Geisler Penquite Scholars.
The Geisler Penquite Foundation honors and supports exceptional students in the college’s teacher education program who exhibit potential for leadership and hold at least a 3.4 GPA, among other qualifications.
The Geisler Penquite Foundation was established by Harold and Mavis Geisler, Cecil Geisler Penquite and Loren Penquite in honor of their parents, John Edward Geisler and Gertrude Setzer Geisler. The family also gave a gift toward the library endowment, a space now named in their honor.
The 2021 Geisler Penquite Scholars are:
- Alexis Buls of Kansas City, Missouri
- Amanda Smith of Moravia, Iowa
- Dustin Haines of Sigourney, Iowa
- Jessica Carithers of Mackinaw, Illinois
- Kate Pachner of Akron, Colorado
- Misty Rivas of Pella, Iowa
- Samantha Kosman of Indianola, Iowa
- Victoria Joy of Aledo, Illinois
- Zoey Brockway of Iowa Falls, Iowa
Scholars receive approximately $5,000 each year for their junior and senior years. In return, they represent the education program with prospective students, conduct research and/or help develop new education program initiatives.
“We are incredibly grateful to the Geisler Penquite Foundation for their generosity in supporting our education students with this scholarship,” says Jen Diers, director of Central’s education program. “It’s partnerships like this that help us continue to develop some of the best educators in the state.”