Central is proud to announce this year’s recipients of full-tuition Kuyper Scholarships and Rolscreen Foundation Scholarships, the most prestigious awards granted at the college.
Peter H. Kuyper founded Rolscreen Company, known today as Pella Corporation. The Kuyper family has provided financial assistance to Central students since 1952.
“The Kuyper family has a long-standing tradition of service, generosity and commitment to Central,” says Sunny Gonzales Eighmy, vice president for advancement and a 1999 Central graduate. “Their investment in our students and a Central education helps open many doors over their lifetimes. We are so thankful for their generosity and support.”
Students who were selected participated in Central’s Scholar Days. All have at least a 3.7 GPA.
The following students are now part of Central’s Class of 2025:
- Evan Hackett of Tempe, Arizona, recipient of the P.H Kuyper Full-Tuition Scholarship
- Victor Nop of Huxley, Iowa, recipient of the H.S. Kuyper Full-Tuition Scholarship
- Kallie Wallick of Tipton, Iowa, recipient of the M. Joan Kuyper Farver Full-Tuition Scholarship
- Patrick Krapfl of Ames, Iowa, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
- Kalli Peebler of Altoona, Iowa, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
- Nicholas Reid of Batavia, Illinois, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
- Anna Venenga of Washington, Iowa, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
In addition to these top scholarships, Central offers nearly 280 endowed scholarships to students each year, including Journey Scholarships. This year, a record-breaking $1.67 million was raised for the Journey Scholarship Fund to directly support students. Beginning Fall 2022, every incoming student will receive a $1,000 Journey Scholarship thanks to Central’s generous donors.
Pictured above: Students and parents gather at the start of Scholar Days last fall. Students attending the event are eligible for various scholarships. They also get the chance to visit campus, meet future classmates and professors and form friendships that last a lifetime.