After nearly two years apart, Central College will welcome alumni, family and friends back to campus for Homecoming from Oct. 1-3.
The Dutch football team will face Wartburg at 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 2, in its Homecoming matchup at Ron and Joyce Schipper Stadium. Fans also are invited to a pregame tailgate party set for 11 a.m. and postgame party to begin shortly after the game. Admission to the game is free.
The Lemming Race, a Central tradition since 1977, will begin at 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 1. For this tradition, students dress in costumes, race to the campus pond and jump in.
Attendees will have the chance to participate in many other events on Friday, including:
- The Dutch Masters Golf Tournament, 8:30 a.m., Pella Golf & Country Club
- Peace Mall Celebration, 2 p.m., Peace Mall
- Happy Hour, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Wallace Spencer Stepenske ’64 Amphitheater, Peace Mall
- Athletics Hall of Honor Banquet, 6:30 p.m., Harry and Bernice Vermeer Banquet Hall, Graham Conference Center
- ALMA concert, 8 p.m., Hoekstra Family Stage, Douwstra Auditorium, Central Hall
On Saturday, the Class of 1970 and Class of 1971 will have a 50-year reunion dinner from 6-8 p.m. in Boat/Moore/Weller rooms in Maytag Student Center.
Homecoming weekend wraps up Sunday, starting with brunch at 11 a.m. in Central Market. The Flying Pans Steel Band will hold its alumni concert at 1 p.m. with the Symphonic Wind Ensemble’s concert to follow at 2:15 p.m.
For more information, a detailed schedule or to register to attend, visit central.edu/homecoming.