Central has announced the names of the Student Senate executive officers for the 2021-22 academic year:
- Madolyn Clark (pictured above) has been elected Student Senate president. A biochemistry major from Clarinda, Iowa, Clark will graduate in 2022. She previously served as treasurer for 1 1/2 years.
- DelTon Alexander, a sophomore-to-be from Iowa City, Iowa, is the new senate leader.
- Jenna Hernandez, Class of 2024 from Slater, Iowa, will serve as the senate’s parliamentarian.
- Trey Melvin of Lawrence, Kansas, takes the role of treasurer. A member of the Class of 2023, Melvin is double majoring in accounting and business management.
- Katie Wilson, a double major in biochemistry and biology from Runnells, Iowa, will serve as secretary. She also is a member of the Class of 2023.
Central’s Student Senate seeks to establish an effective and representative government for the students of the college. The senate implements policies that benefit all Central students and strives to encourage collaboration between faculty, administrative staff, student senators and students.
The senate is elected by its peers to help make the student connection to administration, faculty, staff and the college’s Board of Trustees. The creation, recognition and financial support to student organizations is a regular part of the senate’s work.