Central College is proud to announce this year’s recipients of full-tuition Kuyper Scholarships and Rolscreen Foundation Scholarships, the most prestigious awards granted at the college.
Peter H. Kuyper founded Rolscreen Company, known today as Pella Corporation.
“The Kuyper family has a long-standing tradition of service, generosity and commitment to Central,” says Sunny Gonzales Eighmy, vice president for advancement and a 1999 Central graduate. “The commitment is reflected in the family’s close relationship with Central. Pella Corporation and the extended Kuyper family have been providing Central students with financial assistance since 1952. Their investment in our students and a Central education helps open many doors over their lifetimes.”
Students selected participated in Central’s Scholar Days. All have at least a 3.78 GPA and 27 ACT score.
The following students will join Central’s Class of 2024:
- Marissa Jonas of Blair, Nebraska, recipient of the H.S. Kuyper Full-Tuition Scholarship
- Matt Briggs of Burlington, Iowa, recipient of the P.H. Kuyper Full-Tuition Scholarship
- David Burnett of Fairfield, Iowa, recipient of the M. Joan Kuyper Farver Full-Tuition Scholarship
- Cade Brouwer of Cascade, Iowa, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
- Natalie Patterson of Lone Tree, Iowa, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
- Lucas Vroom of Altoona, Iowa, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
- Gabriella Petruzzello of Janesville, Wisconsin, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
In addition to these top scholarships, Central offers almost 270 endowed scholarships to students each year as well as more than 600 scholarships through the Journey Scholarship Fund, an annual fundraising campaign that directly supports students.
Pictured above: Students and parents gather at the start of Scholar Days last fall. Students attending the event are eligible for various scholarships. They also get the chance to visit campus, meet future classmates and form friendships that last a lifetime.