Central College is pleased to announce changes among its faculty for the 2019-20 school year.
Three assistant professors have earned tenure and promotion to associate professor:
- Melissa McAninch (B.S., Truman State University; M.A., Truman State University, University of Iowa; Ph.D., University of Iowa), department of education.
- Maggie Schlerman (B.A., Central College; M.A., Iowa State University), department of economics, accounting and management.
- Susan Swanson (B.S., Arizona State University; M.A., University of Minnesota Twin Cities; Ph.D., University of Minnesota Twin Cities), department of art.
One associate professor was promoted to professor:
- Kathy Korcheck (B.S., Kent State University; M.A., Kent State University; Ph.D., Washington University), department of modern languages.
Central also made five faculty hires:
- Jennifer Counts (B.A., Luther College; M.Ed., Drake University; Ph.D., in progress, Clemson University), instructor of education.
- Kate Nesbit (B.A., St. Olaf College; Ph.D., in progress, University of Iowa), instructor of English.
- Shelli Green (B.A., Central College; M.S., Southwest Minnesota State University; D.A.T., in progress, University of Idaho), instructor of exercise science.
- Crystal Bruntz (B.A., Central College; M.B.A., Drake University), lecturer of accounting.
- Sean Stephenson (B.M., Millikin University; M.M., University of Missouri Kansas City; D.A., University of Northern Colorado), lecturer of music.
Pictured above: left to right, Kathy Korcheck, Melissa McAninch and Maggie Schlerman.