Central College’s A Cappella Choir will visit Southern Iowa and the Kansas City area with nine stops over six days from May 20-26 on its Midwest Tour. All concerts are free and open to the public.
Central’s A Cappella Choir is a 60-voice auditioned collegiate ensemble that performs regularly in Iowa during the academic year and around the country in venues like The Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City and the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C.
The choir tours internationally every four years with recent tours in Vienna, Austria, with a performance in St. Stephan’s Cathedral in 2017.
This year’s Midwest Tour schedule is:
Monday, May 20
- 9:30 a.m. clinic, Winterset High School, 624 Husky Dr., Winterset, Iowa
- 1 p.m. concert, Murray High School, 216 Sherman St., Murray, Iowa
- 7 p.m. concert, Warren Cultural Center, 154 Public Square, Greenfield, Iowa
Tuesday, May 21
- 11:20 a.m. concert, Bedford High School, 906 Pennsylvania St., Bedford, Iowa
- 7:30 p.m. concert (with Polyphonic Shola), Cathedral of St. Joseph, 519 N. 10th St., St. Joseph, Missouri
Wednesday, May 22
- 7 p.m. concert, First Presbyterian Church, 2415 Clinton Parkway, Lawrence, Kansas
Thursday, May 23
- 7 p.m. concert, St. Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church, 6630 Nall Ave., Mission, Kansas
Friday, May 24
- 12:15 p.m. mass, The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, 416 W. 12th St., Kansas City, Missouri
Sunday, May 26
- 11 a.m. service, Village Presbyterian Church, 6641 Mission Road, Prairie Village, Kansas
With a rich choral tradition, Central’s A Cappella Choir brings an eclectic repertoire that ranges from classical 15th-century to contemporary and gospel selections. Its mission is to “combine the attributes of each member to form a community that strives to create beauty and inspire others through the universal language of music.”