Central College has announced the names of the Student Senate executive officers for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Quinn Deahl has been elected Student Senate president. A philosophy and English major from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Deahl will graduate in 2023.
- DelTon Alexander, a sociology major from Iowa City, Iowa, is the new senate leader. He is in the Class of 2024.
- Jenna-Marie Hernandez of Slater, Iowa, will serve as the senate’s parliamentarian. A member of the Class of 2024, she is majoring in biochemistry and minoring in Spanish.
- Gunner Hutton of St. Charles, Iowa, takes the role of treasurer. He is a member of the Class of 2025.
- Delia Hintz of Mesa, Arizona, will assume the role of secretary. She is a member of the Class of 2025.
Central’s Student Senate seeks to establish an effective and representative government for the students of the college. The senate implements policies that benefit all Central students and strives to encourage collaboration between faculty, administrative staff, student senators and students.
The senate is elected by its peers to help make the student connection to administration, faculty, staff and the college’s board of trustees. The creation, recognition and financial support to student organizations is a regular part of the senate’s work.