Central has announced changes among its faculty for the 2021-22 academic year.
Three assistant professors have earned tenure and promotion to associate professor:
- Elizabeth Golovatski (B.S., Saint Ambrose University; Ph.D., University of Iowa), physics. She has been with Central since 2015.
- Lee Macomber (B.S., Cornell University; M.S., Ph.D., University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign), biology. He has been with Central since 2015.
- Mark Thomas (B.A., University of Notre Dame; M.A., Ph.D., Boston College), philosophy and religious studies He has been with Central since 2015.
Emeritus status to the following Central College faculty:
- Jeffrey Bass (B.A., Sarah Lawrence; M.A., University of Chicago; M.A., Ph.D., University of California, San Diego), anthropology. He started at Central in 2007 and was granted tenure and promoted to associate professor of anthropology in 2012.
- Dennis Doyle (B.A., University of Northern Iowa; M.S., University of North Texas; Ph.D., Southern Illinois University-Carbondale), communication studies. He started at Central in 1989 and was granted tenure and promoted to associate professor of communication studies in 1994. He was promoted to professor of communication studies in 2005.
Central also made two new faculty hires:
- Stavros Papakonstantinidis (B.A., State University of New York; M.S., Ithaca College; Ph.D., University of Leicester, United Kingdom), communication studies.
- Dan Vos (B.A., Dordt College; MDiv., Calvin Theological Seminary; Ph.D., Boston College), lecturer of religious studies.
Pictured above: Dan Vos (left) and Stavros Papakonstantinidis (right)