Central College is proud to announce this year’s recipients of full-tuition Kuyper Scholarships and Rolscreen Scholarships, the most prestigious awards granted at the college.
Peter H. Kuyper founded the Rolscreen Company, known today as Pella Corporation.
“The Kuyper family has a long-standing tradition of service, generosity and commitment to Central,” says Sunny Gonzales Eighmy, vice president for advancement and a 1999 Central graduate. “The commitment is reflected in the family’s close relationship with Central. Pella Corporation and the extended Kuyper family have been providing Central students with financial assistance since 1952. Their investment in our students and a Central education helps open many doors over their lifetimes.”
Students selected participated in Central’s Scholar Days. Minimum requirements include a 3.4 cumulative GPA or 23 ACT/1130 SAT scores.
The following students will join Central’s Class of 2023:
- Zoey Brockway of Iowa Falls, Iowa, recipient of the H.S. Kuyper Full-Tuition Scholarship
- Brendan Short of Normal, Illinois, recipient of the P.H. Kuyper Full-Tuition Scholarship
- Bria Holthe of Muscatine, Iowa, recipient of the M. Joan Kuyper Farver Full-Tuition Scholarship
- Brooke Mumford of Johnston, Iowa, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
- Emma Lowden of Winterset, Iowa, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
- Cassandra Severson of Ankeny, Iowa, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
- Emma Carlson of Fairfield, Iowa, recipient of the Rolscreen Scholarship
In addition to these top scholarships, Central offers almost 270 endowed scholarships to students each year as well as more than 600 scholarships through the Journey Scholarship Fund, an annual fundraising campaign that directly supports students.
Pictured above: Students and parents gather at the start of Scholar Days last fall. Students attending the event are eligible for various scholarships. They also get the chance to visit campus, meet future classmates and form friendships that last a lifetime.